Monday, April 19, 2010

Post 2: Prepare a meal

One of my favorite foods is chicken cordon bleu. I usually purchase them from Schwan’s, when they stop at my house. If my mom cooks them, we usually have some sort of vegetable with it, like cooked mixed vegetables. This meal is fairly easy to prepare. First, you need to have your food you’d like to eat and also, wash your hands. Then, preheat the oven to 400F and put the unwrapped cordon bleu on a foil-lined baking sheet. Once the oven has preheated, put the sheet in the oven and set the time for 30 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, you start to prepare your side for the meal. I decided to cut up some fruit for a fruit salad, which is really easy to make. You start by choosing your favorite fruits and then, start cutting them into small pieces. I usually choose apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, and purple grapes. The grapes don’t have to be cut in half, but can if you prefer. Now that your chicken is close to being done cooking, you’ll just have to take it out of the oven and put them on a plate with your fruit salad. Remember to turn off the oven and clean up your utensils after eating.

After reading In Defense of Food, I agree with some of Michael Pollan’s comments, but also disagree with other comments. I agree with the fact that we need to slow down our eating habits and enjoy our food when we eat. I disagree with the statement “a flood of damaging innovations for years to come”, because I think that it’s for the better that we know and learn what is in our foods. Once we understand our food, we can enjoy it and know it’s good. This didn’t affect my meal choose. I really like both of the foods I made, even if someone were to tell me it’s bad for me.

Satisfaction

So, I've been reading the book The Rules of "Normal" Eating by Karen Koenig. I highly recommend it for anyone who is either afraid of or obsessed with food. Or for someone who just plain wants to enjoy their food again.

I used to be the type of person that would forget to eat. I'd go for hours, keeping busy with things like drawing or reading or watching a movie. It wouldn't dawn on me that I was hungry, until my stomach started growling at me, like a gentle tap on the shoulder.

To continue reading, click on the title.

This article agrees with my view on eating to be satisfied and enjoy it. It doesn’t suggest anything about organic foods or unprocessed foods, but just eat something that sounds great to you at the time of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment